Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (バカとテストと召喚獣) Episode 10 Thoughts

Today's blog is brought to you by:
Akira YoshiiCalorie Maido

PlayStation Baka TestF***-Station

Sega Baka TestSAGE

I definitely felt the power of Nabeshin in this episode-- it was visually busy and playful. But from what I can tell at least, this episode was Baka's serious episode. Of course, there were some comedy in it, but nothing that made me laugh out loud like the usual. My guess is that this episode is a mere climax setup for what is to come... which could possibly be the last real shoukanjuu battle for this anime adaptation. (Unless they already have a second cour confirmed, which I don't know about).

Episode Title: "Mock Exam, Phantom Thief and Love Letter"

Nemuto KyoujiThis episode finally properly introduced the suspicious character we saw in episode 8. His name is Kyouji Nemuto from class B. He helped Akihisa and crew break into the vault in this episode and made a mockery of them afterwards. I guess Class F will go against his class, which is B, to get back at him, hence why I think this was just a mere setup episode for what is to come. I personally don't need shoukanjuu battles since their jokes are hilarious without it, but this is what Baka Test is based on so they will have to whether we like it or not. Let's hope they can still provide us with great comedy during the shoukanjuu battles.


Hideyoshi KinoshitaAlthough, I didn't enjoy it as much, here are some of my highlights for this episode:

  • Mutturini detecting a fake "D"
  • Hideyoshi moment (pic above)
  • The Japanese title of Animal Crossing parody
  • The appearance of Hideyoshi's sister, Yuuko
  • Narration by the teacher
  • Akihisa & Yuuji's spirit (seishun) at the end
  • The return of "Baka Go Home" ending

0 comments:

Post a Comment