Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kimi Ni Todoke Episode 24 Thoughts

Sawako Kuronuma
Kimi Ni Todoke
Episode Title: "Birthday"
They really did a great job of capturing the nervousness of being on a date with someone that you secretly admire - I'm talking about Sawako and Kazehaya by the way. This episode's timeline is December 31 and the forecast is heavy snow... yet, their warmth was the main thing I felt. My face also turned red at certain parts, as if I was embarrassed just like Sawako. These two are absolutely cute.

Kazehaya Sawako
I have no complaint about this episode but I also didn't find anything special about it either. The usual consistency was there and some of the scenes were touching but it felt like an ordinary date other wise. Don't get me wrong, this is not an insult nor am I blaming anybody. In fact, this might actually be a compliment because the focus of first few dates is about getting to know each other, conversation after another, which is what this episode is all about. No kiss, no confession, nothing exciting is all I'm saying. Actually, something did almost happen: it's when Sawako nearly slipped and Kazehaya caught her in his arms. There were several chances for Kazehaya to make his move but he didn't capitalize on it.

Sawako Kazehaya
But still, there were some cute moments such as Kazehaya telling Sawako that he is wearing the 'haramaki' that she gave him for Christmas. It was also cute to see little Sawako during the talk of her childhood. I guess they are saving the best for last, which is the next episode. They better not disappoint me because these two definitely belong together. Let's see how their New Year's turns out!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment