Monday, March 8, 2010

So-Ra-No-Wo-To (ソ・ラ・ノ・ヲ・ト) Episode 10 Impressions

Jascott Madam So-ra-no-wo-toEpisode Title - "Departure: Time of First Snow"

I appreciate the return of seriousness but it didn't quite capture me the way EP7 did... which perhaps might be due to my exhaustion from work today. Or maybe they just failed to deliver...: we are introduced some old lady that goes by the name of Madam Jascott and while her story was touching in a way, I also felt it was difficult to have sympathy for her. Yes, she had a part in helping Rio find her path, but I question whether she was even needed at all because, I think, Kanata had a bigger part in helping Rio. I also feel like I'm missing some part of the story that wasn't explained. Perhaps, the missing stories will be the extra DVD/BD extra episodes? If that is the case, I truly hate this marketing tactic. ; ;

Tachikoma takemizukachi so-ra-no-wo-toThis episode reveals that they somehow found two leg pieces for the Takemizukachi(sp) and Noel is extremely happy - "un, shiawase" (translation: yes, I'm happy). I'm not much of a mecha fan but it looks really awesome now. I wonder if they will use it before the series ends and how. Another complaint would have to be the animation: some parts were clearly top-notch, especially the details of Jascott's house, but the other parts were inconsistent.

Rio Kanata so-ra-no-wo-toThe positive for the episode would be Rio's part: She is my favorite character in this series and the duet between her and Kanata at the end was touching. It is revealed that Iriya is her half-sister and she must leave the fortress to attempt to bring peace. Noo! Is she going to get married to the emperor? How old is he anyway? Rio's farewell is unfortunate but there is just no way we will not see in the last two episodes. Overall, this episode was up and down for me: neutral to good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment