Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン) Blu-ray

I heard some great things about this BD release of Evangelion from Funimation so I decided to purchase it, even though I was hesitant at first since I already double dipped on this series years ago. I guess this is one of those landmark anime where you can't help but support. Here are the contents and specs:

Evangelion BD Blu-ray


You Are Not Alone BD
This also came with a 20-page booklet filled with artwork, character profiles, and notes:

Evangelion Blu-ray
Disc Content:

BD MENU----
Neon Genesis Evangelion BD











SCENE SELECTION-
Neon Genesis Evangelion BD











AUDIO SETUP-
EVA BD Audio setup














EXTRAS-
Evangelion BD Extras










Specs & Other Info:

Video: 1080p High Definition
Audio: Dolby True HD: English 6.1 & Japanese 6.1
Subtitles: English or Off
Running Time: 100min
Disc: 1
Region: A & B
Rating: TV14

Thoughts?

I first saw this on the big screen at AX09', and I thought the film was done really well. I'm not a huge Evangelion fan but this is one of those titles you just can't ignore if you're a fan of anime. Lately, I felt like rewatching Evangelion thanks to Hanamaru Youchien and Baka Test's Evangelion parodies, so this BD release came out at a perfect timing. I previewed the first 10 minutes of the Main Feature just to check out the quality, and everything looked great-- bright colors and nice details. The audio also sounds great.

The brand new smell of the package isn't as strong as the Ponyo BD. One small complaint would be the color of the packaging which is mainly black, it leaves fingerprints very easily. It's like I'm intentionally leaving behind forensic evidence for the crime lab.

If there are any BD techie and audiophiles reading this, please feel free to add to this post with any information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment