Thursday, March 25, 2010

Omamori Himari Episode 12 Impressions

LAST EPISODE

First let me clarify that I am not intentionally talking trash about this series because I want to. I decided to finish this series because it was entertaining to say the least. With that out of the way, here is my honest overall impressions of the series. But first... let me talk about this last episode.

The last episode was predictable to say the least. There was just no other way it could end besides Himari getting 'powered-up' along with Yuuto's help. It was really cool though, to see several versions of Himari: fully powered up demon cat mode and the fully powered up Amakawa Himari. I was expecting a more serious battle but what we got instead is Himari taking down both Tama and Shuutendouji in practically one swing. No impact whatsoever. Oh, well, I wasn't expecting much from the battles when the series first started due to the focus revolving around etcchi, so I'll give them credit for at least trying. I don't know if it's just me but this series reminded me a lot of Tenchi Muyo, except this one took ecchi off the charts.

The scene between Yuuto and Himari in this last episode was effective for me. I really thought Yuuto was going to kill off Himari so I was surprised when he dropped the sword and hugged her instead.

Final Impressions?
You will enjoy this series if:
  1. If you like ecchi and fan-service.
  2. Don't care much about originality or quality.
  3. Just mindless entertainment. Nothing deep to think about

0 comments:

Post a Comment