Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 12 Thoughts

Hideyoshi as his sister, Yuuko

The rematch we have all been waiting for! Class F against Class A! Who will win? More importantly how? I thought they skipped several important elements from the manga which are vital to winning against Class A but it turns out I was wrong, after all. I also thought this episode 12 is going to be the last but there was a preview for episode 13 so I was also wrong there. ^^; Here are my thoughts for episode 12:

I really liked this episode because it covered basically everything of what Baka Test is all about: comedy, hint of romance between certain characters, Kubo's BL humor, and last but not least shoukanjuu battle. My main complaint would be the rules of shoukanjuu battle. For example, we saw class F go against Class D(?) and B in the previous episode, and now all of the classes go against Class A in this battle. How is that possible if the rule is that you cannot declare a battle for 3 months after you lose?

Aside from that complaint, there were tons of scenes worth a mention: the first one is the literal voice transition of Emiri Katou. I absolutely loved the part where Hideyoshi dressed as his sister, Yuuko, to provoke class D (or C was it?) into battling Class A, and I believe they've surpassed the manga version thanks to Emiri Katou's voice acting. She really does an amazing job for both characters in Baka Test and to hear the actual transformation from one another was simply priceless. (Off-topic: I added Emiri Katou to my Twitter account and I was ecstatic to know that she is also a die-hard fan of FFXI, just like me! She constantly talks about FFXI and FFXIV and I love her!).

Other memorable moments for me: Kubo's BL joke, Nemuto cross-dressing, Shouko & Yuuji's warm moment, an all out shoukanjuu war between every class against Class A, and possibly more that I forgot about. Was I expecting Class F to win? Of course! I believe it's natural to root for them if you're a fan of the series. Plus I would like to see if they would actually switch classrooms had they won because I don't think Yuuji would have the guts to rob Shouko.

Well, the next episode is supposedly the last episode and I can't wait to find out what they have in store for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment